RomeGiftShop.com is where you shop for authentic Italian Souvenirs and Gifts from Italy without leaving home. FREE Gifts with Every Order!*SHOPPING CART IS COMPLETELY SECURE, HOSTED BY YAHOO 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Encryption* NOW WHOLESALE TO THE PUBLIC with NO MINIMUM & ORDERS Still Come With FREE GIFTS, Order Online Here! - Nov. 23, 2020 ROMEGIFTSHOP.COM IS YOUR ONLINE STORE FOR CATHOLIC GIFTS, ITALIAN SOUVENIRS, UNIQUE GIFTS FROM ITALY, AND YOUR GIFT ORDERS ARE SENT WITH YOUR PERSONAL MESSAGE, FREE OF CHARGE!
How to make Pasta home made
the basic Pasta dough
Oh my wonderful readers, to make the Pasta Home made it's easier than
you can imagine… You don't need to be a famous chief to make from scratch the "Pasta
Eggs", the famous "Pasta all'uovo". Just read these little secrets and you'll learn easily how to make an impressive surprise to your friends or to your husband.
Fettuccine, Linguine, Lasagne, Pappardelle, Ravioli,
Cannelloni,Tortellini... these are basic pasta all'uovo qualities that you can do it with this techinique that now I'm going to show you.
For the Spaghetti or Bucatini, it's better to buy them, because they are made with a different procedement, and they need special machinery for the shaping (just try to imagine how could you make without it the typical hole of the Spaghetti).
Anyway, stop talking...
Now it's time for action...
are you ready for this new experience?
The real "Pasta all'uovo" should have these proportion: at least 1 egg for every 100 grams of white flour.
To prepare a nice portion for a nice lady, and two strong gladiators, (like could be your husband and your son), these are the ingredients you'll need:
- 300 gr. or almost 3 cups plain white flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 very fresh eggs (better if organic)
1) First sift the flour and salt on to work surface, and make an hole with your fist.
2) Pour the beaten eggs into the hole of the flour and mix, mix, mix,
mix, mix.... for at least 10 minutes, right?!
3) Then Knead the Pasta until becomes smooth and silky but...! If you realize that it is too dry, just add some water or if you think that it is too "wet" add some more flour!
The final result must be a pasta dough that should be smooth but must be not too wet to remain attached to your hands.
4) Now wrap all the "ball" of Pasta and allow to rest at least 30 minutes, so the it will be more elastic after this resting.
5) Finally you can get your rolling pin and use it to smash on the surface work a piece of Pasta that you took from your "ball". It must become a light foil of Pasta.
Remember always to put some flour on the surface: it helps to avoid Pasta dough sticking around.
6)Now you can get your best knife and cut the foil in the shape you want, like fettuccine, lasagne, linguine... if you want use also your fantasy!!
7)Finally you can cook your home made pasta all'uovo!
Don’t forget that the timing to cook the fresh pasta is always less than for the dry pasta… check it out and taste it!
A little trick: once you cut the pasta in the wished shape, put on it a little bit of flour.
(it will help to avoid to attach themselves) and set aside in a cool place (but not the refrigerator) until partly dried.
This page was written by Spartacus in his Italian English slang...